FLH a new Living History/reenactment umbrella group has been assembling over the past year and just put out its first press release to wit:
Florida Living History, Inc.
1960 US Hwy 1 South PMB 193
St. Augustine, FL 32086
Web site: www.FloridaLivingHistory.org
ANNOUNCING THE FORMATION OF FLORIDA LIVING HISTORY, INC!
TO PROVIDE AN ORGANIZATIONAL UNION FOR LIVING HISTORY GROUPS COMMITTED TO THE HISTORICALLY ACCURATE, RESEARCH-BASED INTERPRETATION OF FLORIDA’S HISTORY
ST. AUGUSTINE, FL – July 22, 2009 – Florida Living History, Inc. (FLH) is a new 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created to support living history activities, events, and portrayals related to the history of Florida.
The purpose of FLH is to:
- foster an understanding of Florida’s history through programs, events, demonstrations, portrayals, media relations, and publications;
- encourage the study of Florida’s colonial and territorial history from the time of Don Juan Ponce de León’s first landing in 1513 to the time of Florida’s statehood in 1845;
- develop living history programs that interpret, portray, and demonstrate the Native American, European, Black, and military and civilian aspects of that history;
- present such programs to students and members of the general public;
- operate exclusively for educational and charitable purposes.
Formed in January 2009, FLH is dedicated to providing an organizational umbrella for living history groups committed to the historically accurate, research-based interpretation of Florida’s history. FLH will, as a non-profit, provide logistic, administrative, advisory, and insurance-related support for these groups, enabling them to function smoothly and enjoy success and security in their endeavors. FLH is comprised of member groups, such as the Company of Juan Ponce de León, Calderon’s Company, the St. Augustine Garrison, and the St. Augustine Textile Arts Guild, that embrace and support its aims. Its success will be ensured by the long-demonstrated commitment of such member groups to living history and its potential to provide educational enlightenment, entertainment, and an understanding of Florida’s past for the general public.
For more information on Florida Living History, Inc., please contact us at email@example.com or phone us, toll-free, at 877-FLA-HIST (877-352-4478). You may also visit the Florida Living History, Inc. Web site at www.FloridaLivingHistory.org .