Saturday, August 29, 2009

Seinfeld Conquistadors

From the Seinfeld episode, "The Movie"

Elaine joins George in the queue.

Elaine: I've been *dying* to see ``CheckMate''.

George: Well, if it's as good as ``Ponce de Leon'', I'll be happy.

Elaine: ``Ponce de Leon'', are you kidding me? I hated that movie!

George: ``Ponce de Leon''? But that was great!


Elaine: Oh, . That Fountain of Youth scene at the end, where they're all splashin' around, and then they go running over to the mirror to see if it really worked? I mean, come on! [laughing too hard to continue] That's stupid!

George: Lemme tell you sum'in. When Ponce looked in that mirror and saw that he hadn't changed, and that tear started to roll down his cheek? ... I lost it.

Apparently, a movie that can be interpreted on two levels.


....and from the episode "The Boyfriend"


George: "Magellan? You like Magellan?"

Jerry: "Oh yeah, my favorite explorer. Around the world, come on. Who do you like?"
George: I like DeSoto.

Jerry: DeSoto? What did he do?

George: He discovered Mississippi.

Jerry: Yeah, like they wouldn't have found that anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment